Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day 4, Better Fashion Week 2012

Today I managed to dislodge myself from the bed, and I thought today would be a great day to stay out of the tempest outside, drink copious amounts of tea, and work on my business plan. But a curiosity inspired me to dress and step out into the cold and rain for ReDress' Better Fashion Week lunchtime presentation by Ruth Griffin on "The Lost Fashion History of South William Street." I fortified myself with coffee and a breakfast roll from Munchies, and headed over.


I'm so glad I went, but Ruth's presentation really was hardly a dent in her copious research on the area, and I'd have happily sat there and listened to her stories of the area's fashion industry all afternoon. She shared with us a short film from one of my favourite websites, Storymap, featuring Paddy, who worked at Richard and Alan on South William Street:

If this research were turned into a book, I'd definitely get myself a copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment